Sunday, February 1, 2009

Boat Construct

a few ideas coming forth have finally landed in a conglomeration:

Starting with my first gandering walk in SF along the embarcadero, I had been pondering my new floating home on the marina. Seeing this building:
















I mixed it with these in my mind:




and while listening to a lullaby that a new friend of mine wrote about sewing a winding sheet into a sail for a boat...

i came up with something like this: (with the help of the constructing mind of dax tran-caffee)















and voila:






that is all that will be let on for now. essentially, a boat is puppeted, inverting itself into a home upon the breaking of its' sail, and once sunk, will become a ship, once again.

ingredients are:

a very large glass beaker and stand

boat puppet (to be made)

dax and his tuned glass set for music (dipping his fingers in the water for the boat, for his glass instrument)

a fish tank

two live shrimp (who reside in the fish tank)

two pairs of stilts

a few glass jars (with other small boats inside)

water
and me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open Air Critiques Here: