Wednesday, February 4, 2009

side thoughts

January 3, 2009 I think that perhaps if one always tries to go one direction further than the known boundaries, to find out if there is some necessity out there that might be needed, one will always be happy.
Like the fish crawling out of the water billions of years ago or a man building his airplane to get off our planet, even if he only ends up hovering just slightly above in our same atmosphere, there still lies a great accomplishment: the lift.
I held today this thin insect, two wings and five legs, (five legs leaving me wondering if he knew he was missing one) in cupped hands as I sat on the edge of the door to the boat as the sun set. As it became darker a star was brought up on the surface of the still water next to the dock. Friends sing and play thick intruments now in the center landing of the cabin, I think that they could be in La Boheme, though in the style of post-industrial-folk-noir-yachtrock. I wonder if this independent study is coming together, and I wonder what is the next step. I think I need to do more- spelling out what needs to be done seems to be like a fifth grade bubble map upon light green lines on white pages. but it really helps. the internet connection is so unpredictable here that i can not spell check or upload photographs to show the cameras i am converting yet, but they will be posted soon. I work now every day at the photolab as a sort of secretary. it takes up a bit too much time, something that i need to remedy, because my shifts are in the middle of the day, 11-4, so day walks are limited to the weekends or rushed in the am/pm. . . benefits are great though, discovering them slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open Air Critiques Here: